Ideal for a couple
- Open Plan
- Permanent double bed
- Double vario bed
- Pillows and doonas* provided, you simply need to bring (or hire from us) sheets and towels.
- Separate shower and toilet
- Colour 48cm LCD/DVD TV above the bed
- Stereo system, CD player piped to speakers upstairs, MP3 and iPod compatible
- 90 litre fridge, 2 burner gas stove and grill
- Fish finder/depth sounder
- Yabbie pump, crab pot
- Electric winch
- Limited 240-volt power, so that during your holiday you can operate small appliances like mobile phone chargers, nebulisers, video camera chargers and games consoles (no hairdryers).
- Can be driven from both inside the boat and from the upper deck
- Go to places the larger boats can’t!
Runaway Bear is a lovely boat with a great open feel. She is great for a couple, having a permanent double bed and open plan.
There is a double vario bed (converts from a lounge) in the lounge area if you have extra guests to visit, however we do recommend Runaway Bear for two people only (licenced for up to four).
Runaway Bear is the only houseboat in her class on the Tweed River. She can be driven from both upstairs as well as downstairs, with access to the upper deck from the back deck area.
Upstairs you will find a beautiful Baby Webber-Q with roasting hood, perfectly located to enjoy the view whilst cooking. Runaway Bear has the added luxury of the shower and toilet in separate rooms and the electric winch takes the effort out of anchoring.
Peak Holiday Occasions (Payment due 90 days prior)
|Charter Period||Hire Times|
|Easter||Thursday to Tuesday||$1,100|
|Christmas Week 7 nights||Full week||$1,200|
|New Year Week 7 nights||Full week||$1,300|
Fuel per engine hour* $25.00
Dinghy outboard motorhire: $70 weekend, $70 midweek, $85 week
|Charter Period||Hire Times||Weekend||Midweek||Gazetted Long Weekend||Week|
|OFF PEAK SEASON||1 May to 31 August||$500||$500||$550||$745|
|PEAK SEASON||December 1 to January 31 excl. Xmas Week & New Year Week||$650||$650||$740||$1,040|
- Security Bond to $1000
- $250 deposit is required to secure booking
- Balance of hire fee to be paid minimum of 30 days prior to departure on normal and off-peak seasons
- For Christmas, New Year and Easter hires $500 deposit is required to secure booking, with balance of hire due 90 days prior to booking
- Fuel per engine hour may vary due to fluctuating fuel prices
- Tariffs subject to change without notice
- Weekend – Friday afternoon to Monday 9.00am: 2 or 3 nights
- Midweek – Monday afternoon to Friday 9.00am: 4 nights
- Week – Monday afternoon to Monday 9.00am or Friday afternoon to Friday 9.00am: 7 nights
- Gazetted Long Weekend – Friday afternoon to Tuesday 9.00am or Thursday afternoon to Monday 9am: 4 nights
- A Gazetted Long Weekend occurs when there is a public holiday on the Monday or Friday
- Easter: Thursday afternoon to Tuesday 9.00am: 5 nights
- Hire Terms and Procedures
- Doona: Eiderdowns, comforters, duvets.
- Esky: also known as chilli-bin, cooler, ice-box to Kiwi, North American and European visitors.