Runaway Bear is a lovely boat with a great open feel. She is the perfect houseboat for a couple!
- Open Plan
- Permanent double bed
- Double vario bed
- Pillows and doonas* provided, you simply need to bring (or hire from us) sheets and towels.
- Separate shower and toilet
- Colour 48cm LCD/DVD TV above the bed
- Stereo system, CD player piped to speakers upstairs, MP3 and iPod compatible
- 90 litre fridge, 2 burner gas stove and grill
- Fish finder/depth sounder
- Yabbie pump, crab pot
- Electric winch
- Limited 240-volt power, so that during your holiday you can operate small appliances like mobile phone chargers, nebulisers, video camera chargers and games consoles (no hairdryers).
- Can be driven from both inside the boat and from the upper deck
- Go to places the larger boats can’t!
- New Targa Top – installed November 2018
Runaway Bear is our smallest and one of our more popular vessels. Licenced for 4 however we do recommend Runaway Bear for a couple. Runaway Bear is the only houseboat in her class on the Tweed River. She can be driven from both upstairs as well as downstairs, with access to the upper deck from the back deck area.
Peak Holiday Occasions
|Charter Period||Hire Times||Price|
|Christmas 2021, 7 nights||Wed 22nd to Wed 29th Dec or Thur 23rd to Thur 30th Dec||$1,500|
|New Years 2021 / 2022, 5 nights||New Year hires boarding Wed 29th Dec or Thur 30th Dec||$1,200|
|New Years 2021 / 2022, 6 nights||Dec 1 to Jan 31 excl. Xmas Week & New Year Week||$1,400|
|New Years 2021 / 2022, 7 nights||Dec 1 to Jan 31 excl. Xmas Week & New Year Week||$1,550|
|New Years 2021 / 2022, 8 nights||Dec 1 to Jan 31 excl. Xmas Week & New Year Week||$1,700|
|Easter 2022, 5 nights||Thur 14th to Tue 19th Apr 2022||$1,400|
Please note: Boarding or returning on public holidays incurs a $50 fee ie 27th Dec, 28th Dec or 4th Jan.
|Charter Period||Hire Times||Weekend||Midweek||Long Weekend||Week|
|Normal Season||Most of the year||$600||$600||$690||$950|
|Off Peak Season||1 May to 31 Aug||$550||$550||$600||$850|
|Peak Season||Dec 1 to Jan 31 excl. Xmas Week & New Year Week||$720||$720||$900||$1,150|
Fuel per engine hour* $26
Dinghy outboard motor hire: $95 weekend, $95 midweek, $130 week
- Security Bond – $1,000
- $300 deposit is required at all times to secure booking
- Balance of hire fee to be paid minimum of 30 days prior to departure on normal and off-peak seasons
- For Christmas and New Year hires $1,000 deposit is required to secure booking, with 50% of balance of hire due by 120 days and 100% due 90 days prior
- Fuel per engine hour may vary due to fluctuating fuel prices
- Tariffs subject to change without notice
- Weekend – Friday afternoon to Monday 8.00am: 2 or 3 nights
- Midweek – Monday afternoon to Friday 8.00am: 4 nights
- Week – Monday afternoon to Monday 8.00am or Friday afternoon to Friday 8.00am: 7 nights
- Gazetted Long Weekend – Friday afternoon to Tuesday 8.00am or Thursday afternoon to Monday 8.00am: 4 nights
- A Gazetted Long Weekend occurs when there is a public holiday on the Monday or Friday
- Returning or boarding on a public holiday may incur a fee.
- Easter: Thursday afternoon to Tuesday 8.00am: 5 nights
- Hire Terms and Procedures
- Doona: Eiderdowns, comforters, duvets.
- Esky: also known as chilli-bin, cooler, ice-box to Kiwi, North American and European visitors.